ITV and Amazon Studios announced the casting and production of the dazzling high-stakes family drama "Fortune"
The series was created and written by Abby Ajayi and produced by Greenacre Films
Culver City, California-November 8, 2021-ITV, Amazon Studios and Greenac Films announced today that "Fortune" has begun production in London. The six-episode series starring leading actors will premiere on ITV in the United Kingdom and will be broadcast on Prime Video in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Northern Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa.
"Fortune" tells the achievements of the arrogant, super successful and wealthy Richards family. Deborah Ayorinde (Deborah Ayorinde) plays Nina, the estranged daughter of self-made millionaire Stephen Richards, played by Hugh Quarsh (Stephen, Absentia). Sarah Niles (Ted Russo, I might ruin you) as Stephen’s second wife, Claudia, and Brandon Coyle (Downton Abbey, Requiem) as him Trusted consultant and confidante Gideon, Hermione Norris (Coldfoot, Luther) plays Stephen's loyal assistant, Maureen Dawson.
The cast also includes Adeyinka Akinrinade (Top Boy, Temple) as Alesha, Ola Orebiyi (Cherry, A Brixton Tale) as Gus, CJ Beckford (Sitting in Limbo, The Trial of Christine Keeler) as Andre, Nneka Okoye (Grantchester, The A) List) as Wanda and Emmanuel Imani (Cobra, Black Earth Rising) as Simon.
Stephen Richards is very smart, with an undeniable ruthless winning streak, and is one of the most successful black businessmen in the UK: strong, motivated, passionate, and charming with his second wife, K Claudia's life is never boring together. Together with their adult children Alesha, Gus and Wanda, they like to spend their hard-earned money and enjoy a good life.
In New York, Stephen and his children, Nina and Simon, who separated from their first marriage, have established their own entrepreneurial status with their own strength, and everyone has achieved success in their own field.
When Stephen suffered a sudden medical emergency, the family world collapsed. When his life hangs in the balance, his different groups of children are about to clashed. As secrets and lies surface, the Richards Empire is at stake, and it will be a complicated family reunion.
Creator and writer Abby Ajayi (How to Get Rid of Murder, Invention of Anna) said: "Fortune is a love letter to Black London. It is exciting to create the Richards family and celebrate their wealth, ambition, and courage to emigrate. We are exciting. The talented cast team is very happy. I am very happy to work with Amazon Studios and ITV, and to bring this show to the screen with the strong from Greenacre Films and Monumental Television."
Chris Mansolillo, Prime Video U.S. Content Licensing Director and Head, said: “Abby Ajayi has a unique vision and voice, and has created a stylish and ambitious drama about a family cannibalism. We can’t wait to see how The talented cast led by Deborah Ayorinde and Sarah Niles brings a new perspective of Abby to our Prime Video members."
Polly Hill, the director of drama at ITV who commissioned Riches, said: “Abby’s script is wonderful, full of family discord in a world of privilege and power, surprising and entertaining. We are happy with the great actors we have, and Yes, don’t wait to see them bring Abby’s role to life. It is expected to become a real enjoyment for ITV viewers next year. "
Nadine Marsh-Edwards and Amanda Jenks of Greenacre Films said: "We are very happy to work with Polly Hill and ITV to bring Abby Ajayi's wonderful script to life, and we are also very happy to work with such an excellent team as Amazon Studios and Monumental TV. "
Riches is co-produced by Greenacre Films and Monumental Television and commissioned by ITV. Amazon Studios are co-productions in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Northern Europe, and Sub-Saharan Africa. Nadine Marsh-Edwards (Unsaid Stories, Being So Long) and Amanda Jenks (The Girl, Being So Long) are executive producers of Greenacre Films, Alison Owen (Ghosts, Harlots, Murder in Provence) and Alison Carpenter (Ghosts, Harlots) , Yonderland) is the executive producer of Monumental Television. "Fortune" will be produced by Yvonne Francas (Syndicate, Our Girl, Death in Heaven) and directed by Sebastian Thiel, Abby Ajay and Dacia Martin. Banjay Rights will be responsible for international distribution on behalf of Greenacre Films.
Prime Video provides customers with a large number of movies, series and sports shows-all of which can be watched on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included in Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sporting events, including Thursday night football matches. Appreciate the series and movies, including the newly released "Cinderella", the Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama "Boys", the limited series "The Underground Railroad", and the movies "Sylvie's Love" and "Uncle Frank"; And the smash hit America, Tom Clancy’s No Regrets, Tomorrow’s War, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, upload and my spy, and Emmy and Golden Globe winners Fleabag and the wonderful Maisel Madam, Golden Globe winner "Little Axe", Oscar winner "The Voice of Metal", Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominee Porat's follow-up film, and Oscar nominee One Night in Miami... and time. Prime members can also access licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels such as Discovery, Paramount, BET, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ and SHOWTIME-no need to download additional apps and no cables. Pay only for what you want and cancel at any time. See the complete list of available channels at amazon.com/channels.
· Rental or purchase: Enjoy the rental or purchase of newly released movies, the entire season of current TV shows available for purchase, and special offers exclusively for Prime members.
· Instant access: Use hundreds of compatible devices of your choice to watch at home or on the go. Stream from the web or use the Prime Video app on a smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or smart TV.
· Enhanced experience: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD and High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatible content. Use exclusive X-ray access, powered by IMDb, to gain insights behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows. Save it for later viewing offline by selecting mobile download.
Prime Video is just one of the many shopping and entertainment benefits included in a Prime membership. In addition, you can also quickly and freely ship millions of Prime-eligible products on Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive offers and discounts, and ad-free access Music and Kindle e-books. To register or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, please visit: amazon.com/prime.
Greenacre Films is an independent production company founded by award-winning producers Nadine Marsh-Edwards and Amanda Jenks.
"Cooperating with outstanding talents is the key to our success. We are an inclusive space where innovative ideas can be realized; whether you are an award-winning writer or an exciting newcomer, you can boldly realize your vision and Creative ambitions. Our TV and film projects aim to connect with audiences in the UK and the world. Essentially, all these stories are stories that explore the human condition in surprising and interesting ways."
Greenacre’s recent television works include ITV’s Unsaid Stories, and the feature film BEEN SO LONG (BFI/Film 4) starring Michaela Coel and Arinze Kene. The biggest single the streaming media giant bought a British movie. Then it premiered at the London Film Festival and then launched on the platform in October 2018. They are also executive producers of AKALA'S ODYSSEY (BBC 4) and THE RUINS OF EMPIRE (BBC 2).